This will be an event without precedent as the communities of ICORS and LACSC will gather. This joint event will be an opportunity to make informal contacts, have discussions and create a forum to discuss recent progress and emerging ideas in statistics. We look forward to welcoming you to ESPOL.
See you in May, 2019!
The International Conference on Robust Statistics (ICORS) has been an annual international conference since 2001. The aim of ICORS is to bring together researchers and practitioners interested in robust statistics, data analysis and related areas. This includes theoretical and applied statisticians as well as data analysts from other fields, leading experts as well as junior researchers and graduate students.
28-31 May, 2019
The previous ICORS meetings were held in Vorau, Austria (2001), Vancouver, Canada (2002), Antwerp, Belgium (2003), Beijing, China (2004), Jyväskylä, Finland (2005), Lisbon, Portugal (2006), Buenos Aires, Argentina (2007), Antalya, Turkey (2008), Parma, Italy (2009), Prague, The Czech Republic (2010), Valladolid, Spain (2011), Burlington, USA (2012), St. Petersburg, Russia (2013), Halle, Germany (2014), Kolkota, India (2015), Geneva, Switzerland (2016), Sydney, Australia (2017) and Leuven, Belgium (2018).
ICORS welcomes contributions to applied statistics as well as theoretical statistics, and in particular new problems related to robust statistics and data analysis.
28-31 May, 2019
The Latin American Conference on Statistical Computing (LACSC) is the official conference of the Latin American Regional Section of the International Association for Statistical Computing (LARS-IASC). The main purpose of LACSC is to foster the progress of the theory, methods and practice of statistical computing in Latin America through international contact among statisticians, computer scientists, as well as external organizations, institutions and government. In 2019, we will have the 4th edition of LACSC, following its previous yearly editions since 2016 in Gramado (Brazil), Valparaíso (Chile) and San José (Costa Rica).
LACSC invites contributions on Statistical Computing, Data Analysis, Multivariate Statistics, Classification, Data Mining, Optimization, Modeling, Applications, Big Data, Optimization Heuristics.
ICORS Scientific Committee
- Ana Bianco (Argentina)
- Graciela Boente (Argentina)
- Peter Filzmoser (Austria)
- Roland Fried (Germany)
- Rosario Oliveira (Portugal)
- Elvezio Ronchetti (Switzerland)
- Peter Rousseeuw (Belgium)
- Anne Ruiz-Gazen (France)
- Alan Welsh (Australia)
- Ruben Zamar (Argentina)
LACSC Scientific Committee
- Alba Martinez Ruiz (Chile)
- David Munoz (Mexico)
- Francisco Louzada (Brazil)
- Holger Cevallos-Valdiviezo (Ecuador)
- Javier Trejos (Costa Rica)
- Luis Firinguetti (Chile)
- Martha Bohórquez (Colombia)
- Nikolai Kolev (Brazil)
- Paulo Canas Rodrigues (Brazil)
- Verónica González-López (Brazil)
Local Organising Committee (ESPOL)
- Holger Cevallos-Valdiviezo (Chair)
- Marcos Mendoza
- Nereyda Espinoza
- Maria Pastuizaca
- Wendy Plata
- Francisco Moreira
- Fernando Tenesaca
- Ivanna Rodríguez
- Marcos Ruiz
Abstract Submission for ICORS-LACSC 2019 started now!
1) Papers can be submitted electronically through the ConfTool System:
2) In order to submit an abstract, please create an account in ConfTool System.
3) There are two types of submission:
- If you want to submit a contributed paper you can apply to:
- ICORS Contributed Paper Session
- LACSC Contributed Paper Session A contributed paper can be submitted as Poster or Oral Presentation.
- If you want to be part of an Invited Paper Session in LACSC please apply to:
- LACSC Invited Paper Session
4) Please, follow the instructions carefully. After creating your account, select the type of contribution that you want to apply for. Next, fill in the form with general information of authors and with information of your submission.
5) Upload your abstract following the instructions given in the LaTeX template here. Please be aware, that the maximum size of the uploaded PDF file is 10MB. Note that your abstract must not exceed 1 page in length and must be written in English.
6) The deadline for all submissions has been extended to Friday, March 22, 2019 at 11:59 pm ECT.
7) Authors can present several papers in each track (ICORS and/or LACSC).
8) The same paper cannot be submitted to both tracks. However, each person is allowed to be co-author of several papers presented.
9) If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes in length (including 3 minutes of discussion). All submitted contributions will pass through a strict peer-review process. The result of the evaluation will be notified via email to the submitting author. Once the paper is accepted for presentation, both the TEX and PDF files are required for the camera-ready abstract. All accepted abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts of ICORS-LACSC 2019.